Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pesto with kale

Need a fun side dish for tomorrow's festivities?  By fun, I mean 'easy', and of course I'm referring to my favorite summer side Pasta with Pesto. YUM!!!!

But, now that I am a bona fide gardener, I'm putting a bit of kale in with my usual pesto ingredients (basil, olive oil, pine nuts and garlic).  Kale is a superfood so expect to be able to fly or have x-ray vision after you eat it.*

*This statement is probably mostly not true. Maybe.

Also, the addition of kale helps the pesto keep that awesome green color.  If you give this a try, and you really should I INSIST, be sure to keep the kale/basil ratio at 1:2.  That's one part kale to two (or more) parts of basil.  I think.  Really I'm not sure how to express that in mathematical terms, so just read the word parts and do what that says.

Have a wonderful (and safe) Independence Day!

No comments: